Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

How can I stop email spoofing?

This is a discussion on How can I stop email spoofing? within the Website and Server Administration forums, part of the Web Administration category; I am receiving so many emails from my email address itself. Is there any way I can stop email spoofing. ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
gmail doesn't consider . in email account Kailash Google Products 16
Using Gmail as Your Universal Email Account vijbas General Chat 0
Adsense Techniques Hints Strategy Making Money With Google anandqq Adsense 3

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default How can I stop email spoofing?

I am receiving so many emails from my email address itself. Is there any way I can stop email spoofing. I have already set SPF record but I am still receiving same kind messages.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 274 Posts, Reputation : Rutika is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM

Default Re: How can I stop email spoofing?

SPF records do not prevent 100% of email spoofing. You can need to purchase third party service to get rid of this.

you can use spamstopshere.com or barracuda spam firewall.
BRL Addicted  , 152 Posts, Reputation : a2zorkut is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 26th, 2008, 07:12 AM

Generally, spammers get the information about Email addresses from Forums, Blogs. Hence, it is advisable to not mention your email addresses in forums, blogs etc.
Moderator  , 165 Posts, Reputation : Janak is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 26th, 2008, 21:33 PM

You can also block , sender , i block messages from a forum , because every morning my inbox was litterally full with useless spam posts...Like some kind of game thread like.....Then i reset/unblock the sender
(Course i could have just unsubscribe from the thread)

There are spider apps that search the entire web to seekout emails...They collect them and store them so the owner can blast whatever to the addresses....Its best when posting or issuing your email in public,..where its accepted to do so, to write it something like..... myemail[at]provider[dot]com
since spiders are coded to pick up emails in format of 'myemail@provider.com'
BRL Addicted  , 925 Posts, Reputation : userzz has a spectacular aura aboutuserzz has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, December 27th, 2008, 00:24 AM

ya never post your email id online and try to use them only in PM's and email's with the people you trust. And dont give your email to the site's that spam.
New Foot Prints  , 5 Posts, Reputation : xtreme is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 140.17, December 27th, 2008, 09:28 AM

Great suggestions! I have used some of your suggestions to stop email spoofing. Other suggestions are also invited......
BRL Addicted  , 274 Posts, Reputation : Rutika is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 29th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Well I have never faced such kind of problem in my life and i hope that I will not face it... So I will not be able to suggest any kind of suggestion to help you but the above suggestion providers have done a great job and will help me in future for sure...!!
Senior Member  , 4,287 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, December 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM

Hello Friends........

You can stop email spoofing by adding spammers regularly into block list.You can also download exchange tools and run in your server to make it secure.

Thanks

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 11 Posts, Reputation : arren13 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, October 8th, 2010, 03:18 AM

Tags
x 113 discussions
x 1 discussions
x 40 discussions