Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

Can't upload PDF files...

This is a discussion on Can't upload PDF files... within the Website Layout forums, part of the Search Engine Optimization Board category; We have a website and we have been uploading pdf files regularly onto it which are also opening correctly till ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
Upload any files to Google Docs tyler13 Google Products 1
Upload Files ansonkelvin Web Development 12
Which is the best place to upload files ? desire111 General Chat 3
How do you upload a script from your files into your webhosting indieover General Chat 1
how can I make my video upload script only except certain types of files by extension Rss_Feeds PHP 0

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default Can't upload PDF files...

We have a website and we have been uploading pdf files regularly onto it which are also opening correctly till a few days back. Recently one of my partners has just changed her machine, so the versions of windows, Adobe acrobat, internet explorer have also changed. I don't know whether these are playing anything behind the problem, but when ever I upload a pdf file (the file is supplied by that partner) and trying to open the file from my website, the error message 'file damaged and couldn't be repaired' is coming. When I tried to convert the excel file with my pdf converter (excel file is again supplied by her) and upload it, 'wrong operand type' error message is coming.

Could any one help me to sort out the problem!

Thanks in advance.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
Banned  , 314 Posts, Reputation : ss1495 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, March 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Can't upload PDF files...

Was the website being updated in these few days? From the error message you mentioned, it seems like the file is having problem during the upload process.
Can you try uploading a file and see if your partner can download the file successfully?
BRL Addicted  , 541 Posts, Reputation : kaka135 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, March 23rd, 2010, 03:14 AM

Maybe you can just upload it to Google Docs. I know you can upload and view documents there.
And like kaka135 said, there might be a problem on the upload process.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, March 23rd, 2010, 05:56 AM

Thanks to both of you.

What are the problems during uploading process? No error messages is coming at that time.

This problem is coming for the last two weeks. Before that, the process was working fine. My partner is not also not able to open those files.

May I contact for this problem with my hosting provider? or what? I am desperate.
BRL$: 0, March 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM

yes. There might be a problem on he uploading process on your server.
Try to contact your hosting provider.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, March 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM

Thanks Gekidan. I have informed about my problem to my hosting provider and they asked me the pdf urls. Hope they will resolve it or at least try to resolve it.
BRL$: 0, March 26th, 2010, 02:21 AM

which ftp program are you using may be the program got a bug and isn't able to completely upload all the contents of your files. or maybe some spyware or malicious program is doing this. Make sure you have good antivirus installed too.
BRL Addicted  , 46 Posts, Reputation : jucktion is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, March 26th, 2010, 22:02 PM

im sorry to tell you that you're file is really damaged. try uploading other files from that site. or just uninstall the adobe and try to install it again, this time try the latest version.
BRL Addicted  , 145 Posts, Reputation : flagella08 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, March 27th, 2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1495 View Post
Thanks Gekidan. I have informed about my problem to my hosting provider and they asked me the pdf urls. Hope they will resolve it or at least try to resolve it.
I hope they will tell you the reason behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucktion View Post
which ftp program are you using may be the program got a bug and isn't able to completely upload all the contents of your files. or maybe some spyware or malicious program is doing this. Make sure you have good antivirus installed too.
FTP program might be one of the reason. I also want to know about this.
BRL$: 0, March 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM

From the error message you mentioned, it seems like the file is having problem during the upload process. Can you try uploading a file and see if your partner can download the file successfully.

Wordpress Newsletter Plugin
New Foot Prints  , 2 Posts, Reputation : adodis1 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 117.00, August 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM

Thanks all of your for lending their hands to solve the problem I have mentioned.

My service provider has sent me a new ftp s/w AceFtp through which I am now able to upload pdf files well. My problem has now solved.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL$: 0, October 21st, 2010, 01:47 AM

Tags
x 2 discussions
x 13 discussions
x 59 discussions