Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

Transcend introduces 256GB Pendrive

This is a discussion on Transcend introduces 256GB Pendrive within the Storage Devices forums, part of the Hardware category; Transcend has recently introduced, its next generation state of art flash drive which has capacity of 256Gb at a tech ...

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default Transcend introduces 256GB Pendrive

Transcend has recently introduced, its next generation state of art flash drive which has capacity of 256Gb at a tech show. It is almost the same size as that of our normal 8 GB Transcend pen drive available in the market.
But the price is not offordable for ordinary people. the ex-showroom price is marked us $990. Yet it is not available in the market

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 82 Posts, Reputation : sabjiv1 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 24th, 2009, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Transcend introduces 256GB Pendrive

Technology is growing like anything. I am still using just 40GB hard disk in my personal computer.
BRL Addicted  , 472 Posts, Reputation : Ultimate is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 24th, 2009, 06:31 AM

the price is really sky rock and it is hard to imagine a 256G pendrive. by the way, there will be doubt on how many percent the capacity will lose after formatted.
BRL Addicted  , 365 Posts, Reputation : dust is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 25th, 2009, 05:52 AM

I have seen 32 gb pendeive,my friends have it.

256 gb pendrive is really a strange thing ,technology is developing at fast rate.

Last edited by dxunited; August 25th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
BRL Addicted  , 177 Posts, Reputation : dxunited is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM

surely, the aim of such big sized pen drives are to eliminate bulky extra hard drives right... well thinking of the mobility and the functionality of this stuff, they may actually achieve their goals..

i myself would definitely choose this than additional hard drives..
BRL Addicted  , 183 Posts, Reputation : camhiliciouz is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 25th, 2009, 18:46 PM

The larger space for the pendrive really will give us many convenience. However, the price is really too expensive for me. USD990, not a small figure.
BRL Addicted  , 155 Posts, Reputation : cytin is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 25th, 2009, 20:41 PM

with such a high capacity, it reminds me on the SSD which using on most of the netbook. but to the worst case, it has been taken out and replaced with normal 5400rpm notebook hard disk due to its price and capacity.
BRL Addicted  , 365 Posts, Reputation : dust is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 25th, 2009, 22:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabjiv1 View Post
Transcend has recently introduced, its next generation state of art flash drive which has capacity of 256Gb at a tech show. It is almost the same size as that of our normal 8 GB Transcend pen drive available in the market.
But the price is not offordable for ordinary people. the ex-showroom price is marked us $990. Yet it is not available in the market
That's a lot of money! Well, as of now I am just confident with mine..

So, why it is not yet available in the market?
BRL Addicted  , 1,628 Posts, Reputation : bhing is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 29th, 2009, 01:01 AM

256GB Pendrive? It will cost one a hell lot of money. If I were to choose if I will but this or an external hard drive, I'll go for external hard drives.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, August 30th, 2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camhiliciouz View Post
surely, the aim of such big sized pen drives are to eliminate bulky extra hard drives right... well thinking of the mobility and the functionality of this stuff, they may actually achieve their goals..

i myself would definitely choose this than additional hard drives..
I think 256GB pendrive will have more time while accessing large data when compared to the 256GB hard disk, reason will be interface, Pendrive uses USB and Hard disk uses IDE.
BRL$: 0, August 31st, 2009, 04:52 AM

256gb pendrive is very nice ,,high innovation from transcend,,i am currently using 100gb portable harddisk,,it is good
BRL Addicted  , 64 Posts, Reputation : pralhad30 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 31st, 2009, 17:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I think 256GB pendrive will have more time while accessing large data when compared to the 256GB hard disk, reason will be interface, Pendrive uses USB and Hard disk uses IDE.
You got to be wrong. USB are fast, especially USB 2.0. I have an external hard drive that is connected on my computer via USB port loads and reads up fast. I can also transfer large files in just minutes.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, September 1st, 2009, 05:30 AM

i wish i get that pendrive so I can take my whole data from my computer in my pocket
Banned  , 59 Posts, Reputation : samj221 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, September 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samj221 View Post
i wish i get that pendrive so I can take my whole data from my computer in my pocket
Well, it's kinda risky putting all your data on that removable drive and bring it anywhere you go. You might lost all valuable data and regret it.
BRL$: 0, September 4th, 2009, 06:39 AM

but its good to take backup on that drive cause your harddisk can crash anytime and recovering data from crashed harddisk is a very costly so better to keep backup of all your important things
Banned  , 59 Posts, Reputation : samj221 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, September 5th, 2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samj221 View Post
but its good to take backup on that drive cause your harddisk can crash anytime and recovering data from crashed harddisk is a very costly so better to keep backup of all your important things
As a backup, yes. But would you always bring your backups with you, in your pocket?
It has a higher risk of getting lost.
BRL$: 0, September 6th, 2009, 05:38 AM

Are you sure about the 256 GB thing? Because I can't see any information on the web regarding it. Can you share any link to the news?

If it is real, that would be one great achievement.
New Foot Prints  , 7 Posts, Reputation : Hsekhar is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 144.64, October 1st, 2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsekhar View Post
Are you sure about the 256 GB thing? Because I can't see any information on the web regarding it. Can you share any link to the news?

If it is real, that would be one great achievement.
Well, the link I found is not fo the Transcend 256GB but for a Kingston 256GB flash Drive:
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/07/20...b-flash-drive/
BRL$: 0, October 2nd, 2009, 00:17 AM

Wow you can have a super computer in the palm of your hands! that is what you call technology!
BRL Addicted  , 66 Posts, Reputation : animemagic is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, October 7th, 2009, 23:27 PM

Smile Re: Transcend introduces 256GB Pendrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
You got to be wrong. USB are fast, especially USB 2.0. I have an external hard drive that is connected on my computer via USB port loads and reads up fast. I can also transfer large files in just minutes.
I agree that USB 2.0 is faster. But I suspect that when you use USB device with higher capacity, data access speed may be affected.
BRL$: 0, October 8th, 2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I agree that USB 2.0 is faster. But I suspect that when you use USB device with higher capacity, data access speed may be affected.
It will definitely not. Have you tried using External Hard drives? the speed of file transfer is remarkable and you can transfer lots of files withing seconds depending on the sizes of each files.
BRL$: 0, October 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM

Pen drive are replacing external hard disk. But the speed of transfer of the files between the pendrive and computer still will be an issue unless USB 3.0 is widely available.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 98 Posts, Reputation : tyler13 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 21st, 2009, 22:49 PM

Tags
x 2 discussions
x 3 discussions
x 5 discussions
x 3 discussions
x 1 discussions