Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

What is the differance between infrared and bluetooth?

This is a discussion on What is the differance between infrared and bluetooth? within the Peripherals forums, part of the Hardware category; I have a question which is fully not related to computer but it's partially does. I want to know ...

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default What is the differance between infrared and bluetooth?

I have a question which is fully not related to computer but it's partially does. I want to know what is the difference between a bluetooth device and a infrared device. I am having both in my mobile and on my PC. I recently bought a infrared device on comment from my friend but don't know about it so I want to know if they are inter-related to each other ?

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
Banned  , 55 Posts, Reputation : prime is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM

Default Re: What is the differance between infrared and bluetooth?

Bluetooth is a lot faster and safier. And if you use infrared, you must have straight line from (for example) tv to remote controller. Bluetooth does not need it.
BRL Addicted  , 28 Posts, Reputation : Sauna is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 6th, 2009, 16:41 PM

well as far as i know infrared is an old technology and bluetooth is new and bluetooth is very good and better than infrared.
BRL Addicted  , 246 Posts, Reputation : sam9953012690 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 15th, 2009, 07:21 AM

Yeah infrared is so old i still got it on my phone because its so old :S.
BRL Addicted  , 46 Posts, Reputation : azza12342 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
I have a question which is fully not related to computer but it's partially does. I want to know what is the difference between a bluetooth device and a infrared device. I am having both in my mobile and on my PC. I recently bought a infrared device on comment from my friend but don't know about it so I want to know if they are inter-related to each other ?
Well, as far as I know, infrared and bluetooth have a good advantage in a mobile phone.. But what is more advantage and have a good usage these days is the blutooth device because it can be easily plugged in a computer to be able to access anything you want in your phone..
BRL Addicted  , 1,628 Posts, Reputation : bhing is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM

Well suppose if you want to share a file between two mobile devices, if you use the bluetooth method, you can roam around within a particular distance but if you use infrared, you need to keep both the mobile device very close to each other or else you wont get the file transferred.
Senior Member  , 4,260 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM

as far as i have been told bluetooth is a very fast and new technology where as infrared is an old and slow transfer technology
BRL Addicted  , 246 Posts, Reputation : sam9953012690 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9953012690 View Post
as far as i have been told bluetooth is a very fast and new technology where as infrared is an old and slow transfer technology
yeah obviously. you are correct. If you have noticed the newer versions of bluetooth can have more distances between the devices. The technology improves for the better.

like previously in mobile phones we had cdma only, then came gsm and now its 3g. it is improving.
Senior Member  , 4,260 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM

yes this is right that technology is developing at a very fast speed and i think that after a few years we wil lhave even better ways to transfer wireless data.
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9953012690 View Post
yes this is right that technology is developing at a very fast speed and i think that after a few years we wil lhave even better ways to transfer wireless data.
Well yeah that is absoluetly true. Wireless technology is improving at a very fast speed.
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 02:03 AM

i was told by someone that we can using bluetooth only if the two mobiles are in the range of 10 metres.so i think in the future this will also be made better.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL$: 0, July 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM

Tags
x 7 discussions
x 1 discussions
x 2 discussions