Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

What is the advantages and disadvantages of wireless mouse and wireless keyboard?

This is a discussion on What is the advantages and disadvantages of wireless mouse and wireless keyboard? within the Peripherals forums, part of the Hardware category; Nowadays, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are become very popular. Currently, I am still using wired keyboard and mouse. Just ...

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default What is the advantages and disadvantages of wireless mouse and wireless keyboard?

Nowadays, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are become very popular.

Currently, I am still using wired keyboard and mouse. Just wonder what are the advantages and disadvantages to use wireless keyboard and mouse?

Can anyone here tell me about this?

I just know that wireless keyboard and mouse is more expensive if compare to wired mouse and keyboard.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 155 Posts, Reputation : cytin is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 03:29 AM

Default Re: What is the advantages and disadvantages of wireless mouse and wireless keyboard?

Hmm advantages would be that you can use them from anywhere upto the bluetooth signal range, but the main disadvantage is that you are prone to virus. But the chances are less. And you always have to put the bluetooth dongle attached any problem with that and you cant use your device.

Very costly !
BRL Addicted  , 193 Posts, Reputation : raj_sam6 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 07:25 AM

Default Re: What is the advantages and disadvantages of wireless mouse and wireless keyboard?

Pros: they are WIRELESS.
Cons: they take batteries

Apart from that i dont feel ...any more advantage
Banned  , 56 Posts, Reputation : sudes16 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_sam6 View Post
Hmm advantages would be that you can use them from anywhere upto the bluetooth signal range, but the main disadvantage is that you are prone to virus. But the chances are less. And you always have to put the bluetooth dongle attached any problem with that and you cant use your device.

Very costly !
Is that all the wireless mouse and keyboard must need bluetooth installed? Or we not necessary need bluetooth but just install some drivers in our computer?

Thanks in advance for reply.
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 21:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytin View Post
Nowadays, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are become very popular.

Currently, I am still using wired keyboard and mouse. Just wonder what are the advantages and disadvantages to use wireless keyboard and mouse?

Can anyone here tell me about this?

I just know that wireless keyboard and mouse is more expensive if compare to wired mouse and keyboard.
Advantage of wireless keyboards and mouse:

They can moved around easily

Disadvantage:

Aside from the fact that they are expensive, they eat up a lot of batteries just like what sudes16 said, most especially the mouse.. You need to change it every few weeks depending on your battery..
BRL Addicted  , 1,628 Posts, Reputation : bhing is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 22:24 PM

First Advantage of wireless keyboards and mouse: is like Bhing said They can moved around easily + you do not need to plug wires of the keyboard and mouse to the holders and can move around easily anywhere.
Disadvantage is it could be damaged easily and eat up lot of batteries.
BRL Addicted  , 1,149 Posts, Reputation : Dhaval is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 21st, 2009, 22:53 PM

I prefer wired keyboard and mouse.

Wireless have the massive disadvantage of large power consumption, meaning you spend alot of money on batteries and good rechargable batteries are expensive and also a pain.

I always have my kayboard on my desk, its bad for your hands if it is anywhere else, so there is no need for wireless anyway.
BRL Addicted  , 189 Posts, Reputation : sammyspam is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyspam View Post
I prefer wired keyboard and mouse.

Wireless have the massive disadvantage of large power consumption, meaning you spend alot of money on batteries and good rechargable batteries are expensive and also a pain.

I always have my kayboard on my desk, its bad for your hands if it is anywhere else, so there is no need for wireless anyway.
Same here, I more prefer the wired one as well.. Aside from the fact that they are cheap and affordable, I don't have to go through the process of changing batteries and stuff.. They are just safe in the table..
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhing View Post
Same here, I more prefer the wired one as well.. Aside from the fact that they are cheap and affordable, I don't have to go through the process of changing batteries and stuff.. They are just safe in the table..
Actually, I also felt wired mouse or keyboard is good enough for me as I normally only will use my laptop on a table. But I think wireless mouse and keyboard is useful when doing presentation. As we may be need to stand far behind the computer to control our keyboard or mouse.
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM

I prefer wireless keyboards and mouses as I can control from the sofa when I am watching movies on the PC connected to my TV.

Some keyboards and mice come with built in rechargable batteries and can be charged up in a docking station which could be handy if you are concerbed about battery consumption.
BRL Addicted  , 113 Posts, Reputation : blondie is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytin View Post
Actually, I also felt wired mouse or keyboard is good enough for me as I normally only will use my laptop on a table. But I think wireless mouse and keyboard is useful when doing presentation. As we may be need to stand far behind the computer to control our keyboard or mouse.
I agree.. and that is one of the advantage of those wireless stuff.. But with the advantage, there comes the disadvantages as well.. but I guess, it still depends on the owner on how to handle his stuffs..
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 17:00 PM

I think one of them will be the price i honestly do not know because i always have had laptops.
Banned  , 15 Posts, Reputation : iliveinmexico is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 22nd, 2009, 18:22 PM

in my opinion, the bigger disadvantage of the wireless mouse/keyboards is the fact that it uses batteries, which batteries give up on you when you need them the most.
Banned  , 43 Posts, Reputation : ubek is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 23rd, 2009, 13:36 PM

The biggest disadvantage is their batteries and short working life other than that They don't provide the features as per their cost
Banned  , 55 Posts, Reputation : prime is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 25th, 2009, 04:46 AM

For me, it give me freedom to move around. Disadvantage, need more money to buy battery.
BRL Addicted  , 365 Posts, Reputation : dust is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, May 1st, 2009, 20:40 PM

i would not recommend you to buy a wireless mouse do you have to charge it when it drains the battery
BRL Addicted  , 116 Posts, Reputation : napzter is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, May 4th, 2009, 08:23 AM

using a wireless mouse and keyboard is really amazing, i am still struck by how functional and latest it is.

but of course, i had to pay a large extra amount for it, specially the keyboard one. but hey, for a techy fun, that's worth it...

in terms of disadvantages, i think sooner or later, the connection will be intercepted by other devices and that will really mess the connection.

advantages, i think you can really go far and still be able to use the devices.. no stubborn cords as well.lol
BRL Addicted  , 183 Posts, Reputation : camhiliciouz is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, May 4th, 2009, 19:12 PM

Now a days, we have many things wireless. So the signals of mouse may be lost. And the battery is another headache.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
New Foot Prints  , 9 Posts, Reputation : hitech is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 133.00, August 23rd, 2010, 01:12 AM

Tags
x 16 discussions
x 8 discussions
x 10 discussions
x 22 discussions
x 19 discussions