Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

PayPal fees on Personal Account

This is a discussion on PayPal fees on Personal Account within the Paypal forums, part of the Payment Processing category; I heard paypal starting to give fees when receiving with Personal account recently, I just made an exchange today to ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
what are the limits of having a personal unverified paypal account? sam9953012690 Paypal 6

LinkBack Thread Tools

Arrow PayPal fees on Personal Account

I heard paypal starting to give fees when receiving with Personal account recently,
I just made an exchange today to test it, i should receive $2 but there is $0.01 fee in the detail (it was sent as a Gift instead of Payment),
i don't know whether it's fixed fee or it's 0.5% fee
i will try to make another test on different amount to see how much fee i will get, when i had the money to exchange probably on June 9th or 10th

Does anyone else notice this also recently (in the last few days)?

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 176 Posts, Reputation : Addamz is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Default Re: PayPal fees on Personal Account

nop. i have checked paypal's fees section just now and to receive payment from paypal accounts to a personnal account is free.only payment from credit card would be charged some fees still.
BRL Addicted  , 335 Posts, Reputation : crystallh is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 7th, 2009, 21:06 PM

Wink Re: PayPal fees on Personal Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystallh View Post
nop. i have checked paypal's fees section just now and to receive payment from paypal accounts to a personnal account is free.only payment from credit card would be charged some fees still.
I thinx they haven't update it for the new changes, you'll notice the fee when you receive money today and forward

Alot of people mentioning and asking about the new changes on personal fee in various forums

For example this forum: http://pointalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=25.0
Hmm but it didn't mention whether its personal account and there is no info on why i get only 1cent fee for $2, i don't see much different from previous fee rates

This forum also have people who got fee on personal account: http://www.exchangemoneyforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=23912

Last edited by Addamz; June 7th, 2009 at 22:08 PM.
BRL$: 0, June 7th, 2009, 22:02 PM

I received $0.14 from a site yesterday, but I got nothing at last, because the fee is $0.14. so it means that PP is not allowed transaction under $1. right?
I try to post a proof, but it seems not allowed in BRL$.
Jr. Member  , 219 Posts, Reputation : wonderful1 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 7th, 2009, 23:17 PM

Ok, did you receive that amount via credit/debit card? I have not seen paypal take fees for personal account yet. Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account. 3.4% + $0.30 USD when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit
BRL Addicted  , 1,149 Posts, Reputation : Dhaval is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 00:11 AM

I received a payment from another paypal account to myy personal PayPal account on 05-Jun-2009. There was no transaction fee applied on that date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderful1 View Post
I received $0.14 from a site yesterday, but I got nothing at last, because the fee is $0.14. so it means that PP is not allowed transaction under $1. right?
I try to post a proof, but it seems not allowed in BRL$.
You can receive the money under $1 but if the payment is receiving from Credit Card then there is a transaction charge applied.

Kailash
BRL Addicted  , 115 Posts, Reputation : Kailash is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 00:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailash View Post
I received a payment from another paypal account to myy personal PayPal account on 05-Jun-2009. There was no transaction fee applied on that date.

You can receive the money under $1 but if the payment is receiving from Credit Card then there is a transaction charge applied.

Kailash
Yes, even I received the payment of above $4 on 2nd June 2009 and there were no fees included......
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 00:45 AM

Question Re: PayPal fees on Personal Account

Can we find out whether the sender sent the money using Credit Card or not?

Btw the fee i got was only 1cent thats why i was curious, i wonder if the fee charged because of the money was sent as a Gift
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addamz View Post
Can we find out whether the sender sent the money using Credit Card or not?

Btw the fee i got was only 1cent thats why i was curious, i wonder if the fee charged because of the money was sent as a Gift
Yes, we can. I guess if there is fee involved in the transaction then we may consider the payment made via debit or credit card. Usually if you receive the payment from other paypal account or bank account, there are no fees.
To know and check about the fees. Login to your paypal account. There is a TAB of FEES at the bottom of the page. Click on it and it will give you the perfect idea about the fees structure applicable in your country.
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 02:08 AM

Hi,

If you do transaction with credit card/debit card then there will be charge apply and if you do within paypal to personal paypal then i do not think that any charge is applied..if it is applied then you can directly contact them for the explanation..

Thanks,

Sandeep Gandhi
BRL Addicted  , 720 Posts, Reputation : Sandeep is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 17:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addamz View Post
I thinx they haven't update it for the new changes, you'll notice the fee when you receive money today and forward

Alot of people mentioning and asking about the new changes on personal fee in various forums

For example this forum: http://pointalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=25.0
Hmm but it didn't mention whether its personal account and there is no info on why i get only 1cent fee for $2, i don't see much different from previous fee rates

This forum also have people who got fee on personal account: http://www.exchangemoneyforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=23912
i have checked the link you provided but that's only the quotation from paypal's fees section and personnal account still be charged nothing.
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 21:25 PM

Ok, I have one question. If anyone send money from personal account of purchase made for Goods, E-bay items. Is there any fees involved?
BRL$: 0, June 8th, 2009, 22:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaval View Post
Ok, did you receive that amount via credit/debit card? I have not seen paypal take fees for personal account yet. Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account. 3.4% + $0.30 USD when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit
I checked the details between the two transactions from the same sender, there is no difference. the last amount is $0.05, and no fee. this time is $0.14, but the fee is $0.14, too.
BRL$: 0, June 9th, 2009, 00:56 AM

Quote:
I checked the details between the two transactions from the same sender, there is no difference. the last amount is $0.05, and no fee. this time is $0.14, but the fee is $0.14, too.
so. we can't count how did they only charge 0.14$ ofr your 5cents coming money regarding th ecurrent fees terms. would you contact with paypal and ask about this case?
BRL$: 0, June 9th, 2009, 21:39 PM

Quote:
Please attach the screen shot of that transactions so that we can better look on it.......
BRL$: 0, June 9th, 2009, 22:44 PM

No there is no transaction fees on paypal personal account, i have just checked the paypal website and there is nothing mentioned there.
Senior Member  , 4,260 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, June 9th, 2009, 23:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaval View Post
Please attach the screen shot of that transactions so that we can better look on it.......
Here are the screen shots of the two transactions, please tell me the difference after checking.

BRL$: 0, June 10th, 2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Here are the screen shots of the two transactions, please tell me the difference after checking.

Well, that looks pretty strange since the details are same and yet it was charged $0.14 Fees. What I understood is that the sender might have selected purchase option at the time of sending this amount. If he would have selected Personal transfer option and sent money then there would have been no Fees included.
You have been charged some fees, so paypal considered that transaction as commercial transaction and took some fees.
BRL$: 0, June 10th, 2009, 23:29 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhaval For This Useful Post:
wonderful1 (June 11th, 2009)

Quote:
Well, that looks pretty strange since the details are same and yet it was charged $0.14 Fees. What I understood is that the sender might have selected purchase option at the time of sending this amount. If he would have selected Personal transfer option and sent money then there would have been no Fees included.
You have been charged some fees, so paypal considered that transaction as commercial transaction and took some fees.
Is the purchase option new? if so, maybe the sender make a mistake. What a pity! But it is better than adding receiving fee on personal account.
BRL$: 0, June 11th, 2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Is the purchase option new? if so, maybe the sender make a mistake. What a pity! But it is better than adding receiving fee on personal account.
Yes, that is really sad. As I said to know more login to your paypal account and click on Send Money tab and you will see two different tabs. 1) Purchase 2) Personal. You can send and receive the amount without any fees if you select the personal option. Also just read the instructions mentioned besides the page.
BRL$: 0, June 11th, 2009, 04:44 AM

i have sent some payments out through my paypal account and i choosed the purchase -service and never been charged any fees. i suggest wonderful to contact the sender ask about this or just contact paypal to see why this happen.
BRL$: 0, June 11th, 2009, 19:23 PM

Quote:
i have sent some payments out through my paypal account and i choosed the purchase -service and never been charged any fees. i suggest wonderful to contact the sender ask about this or just contact paypal to see why this happen.
Yes, when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit(the sender decides who pays this fee).
BRL$: 0, June 11th, 2009, 23:09 PM

I just made another exchange to test paypal fee, the sender send $5 PP to my personal account as a Gift and i get $0.03 fee so i only received $4.97 in my balance,
So i guess it really is 0.5% fee (2.5 cents rounded up to 3 cents)
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 01:07 AM

Well i am usually making transectiosn between my accounts and never got priced any fees from paypal.I think the best thing there being fees only for some goodies that are being sold.
Better use the service as a services.
BRL Addicted  , 146 Posts, Reputation : shadowking is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
The sender will not be charged any fees, but the receiver has to pay the fees. So you didn't pay any fee when you send money to others. I will let my sender choose personal option in the future.
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The sender will not be charged any fees, but the receiver has to pay the fees. So you didn't pay any fee when you send money to others. I will let my sender choose personal option in the future.
have you ever asked the sender why this charges happen or contacted with paypal? i have no idea why that charges occurred.
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 19:34 PM

Guys, this seems to be very confusing over there related to the fees on personal account. Like we all know if you select the Personal transfer there will be no Fees. I request all to go to this URL to know and understand about the fees.

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ua/policy_fees

You need to login to your paypal account.

Last edited by Dhaval; June 14th, 2009 at 22:51 PM.
Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 22:46 PM

Tags
x 385 discussions
x 28 discussions
x 19 discussions
x 669 discussions
x 48 discussions