Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

Paypal or Alertpay

This is a discussion on Paypal or Alertpay within the Paypal forums, part of the Payment Processing category; Which one, you think, is better? I already have a Paypal account which works fine. When i wanted to join ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

Smile Paypal or Alertpay

Which one, you think, is better? I already have a Paypal account which works fine. When i wanted to join some earning sites, they asked me to open Alertpay, which i was not willing to do for some...

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 149 Posts, Reputation : anandqq is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, August 26th, 2008, 00:33 AM

Default Re: Paypal or Alertpay

Yeah since November last year PayPal dropped ***(bux) sites so this admins decided to mass join AlertPay.. it seems AlertPay its now the leader in *** industry... you should join it..you have nothing to lose.
New Foot Prints  , 7 Posts, Reputation : Dennis is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 121.95, August 29th, 2008, 12:57 PM

really.. I am having a second thought in using alertpay.. uhmm.. maybe I need to have a scanned ID and proof of billing.. haha
BRL Addicted  , 239 Posts, Reputation : ghing will become famous soon enough
BRL$: 0, August 29th, 2008, 13:10 PM

If you're going to be using Ebay, you'll need Paypal. If you're using PTCs, you'll need Alertpay.

However there are also a handful of PTCs that use Paypal. I assume these just slip through the Paypal net.
BRL Addicted  , 147 Posts, Reputation : kvikksolv is an unknown quantity at this point
BRL$: 0, August 30th, 2008, 06:49 AM

PayPal all the way. If your using eBay than PayPal is a must have option. I wouldn't reply on either solely on either personally. A lot of online shoppers will only buy if PayPal is accepted. My advice, offer as many options as you can!
New Foot Prints  , 2 Posts, Reputation : h0std3m0n is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 53.44, August 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM

paypal still better than alertpay because it's no cost when cashout to my local bank...by the way for emergency situation i suggest you still using both so if one of your aaccount on both be froozen..you still use the other
Banned  , 17 Posts, Reputation : hpcr.co.cc is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 11th, 2009, 23:25 PM

Well Alertpay has no comparison with PayPal. It is just in demand because PayPal is not support GPT business much.
Senior Member  , 4,287 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, January 12th, 2009, 02:49 AM

friend. papyal is best. but alertpay is also good. ya some website just allow alerpay to get payment. you can also open account alertpay.
Banned  , 38 Posts, Reputation : vczala00 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM

Paypal is the best.But now most *** sites ask for alertpay account.But I still think paypal is the best.A lot of e-commerce site using it.But for ***...you must have an AlertPay account.
BRL Addicted  , 153 Posts, Reputation : raj0923 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 14th, 2009, 22:38 PM

Paypal is the best but I also have an Alertpay account but it isn't verified.. because I lack a document to verify it. Also, in my country, alertpay charges high fees in checks and bankwire transfer.

Last edited by starapple; January 15th, 2009 at 02:53 AM.
BRL Addicted  , 136 Posts, Reputation : starapple is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 15th, 2009, 00:54 AM

i have an account to alertpay and so paypal but i am more comfortable to the paypal for most of the sites that i have joined are paying the paypal.
But i have not yet use to try to buy through online payment.
New Foot Prints  , 26 Posts, Reputation : patzel88 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 204.59, January 15th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Paypal is better. I know that some *** sites use AP but Paypal is still the preferred one. Lots of PTP and PT sites use Paypal and it is much easier to use and navigate than Alertpay.
BRL Addicted  , 52 Posts, Reputation : Crazysah is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 15th, 2009, 03:31 AM

Paypal is the best. I have accounts both in Alertpay and paypal. But I used Paypal for all the activities.
BRL Addicted  , 274 Posts, Reputation : Rutika is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 15th, 2009, 06:27 AM

Paypal has been around forever, and they are like the grandpa of payment processors.

Yes they outsource and the service is horrible sometimes, but they have saved me on transactions also.

I signed up with AlertPay and it just rubed me the wrong way. Didnt seem as secure. LOL
New Foot Prints  , 1 Posts, Reputation : JesterJoker is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 116.05, January 15th, 2009, 07:47 AM

I still say Paypal. I did have my share of problems with them but for some reason I just keep going back to them...
New Foot Prints  , 3 Posts, Reputation : IsThatJose is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 118.11, January 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterJoker View Post
Paypal has been around forever, and they are like the grandpa of payment processors.

Yes they outsource and the service is horrible sometimes, but they have saved me on transactions also.

I signed up with AlertPay and it just rubed me the wrong way. Didnt seem as secure. LOL
What do you mean that their service is horrible? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThatJose View Post
I still say Paypal. I did have my share of problems with them but for some reason I just keep going back to them...
What kind of problems did you have with them? I did not have any problems with them but I have only been with them for around 6 months.
BRL Addicted  , 52 Posts, Reputation : Crazysah is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 16th, 2009, 00:43 AM

Always Paypal, because paypal provide vast range of facility to withdraw money to your Bank account. I just love to use paypal for this service.
BRL Addicted  , 1,149 Posts, Reputation : Dhaval is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 16th, 2009, 13:37 PM

I will stick to paypal...

if those sites can't pay in paypal, I am not keen to sign up for them as well. I am sick and tired of signing up for all small payments, if they can pay in paypal, it's good, if they can't, i will not bother much as well.

there are many other ways to earn money online.. checks are good too
BRL Addicted  , 113 Posts, Reputation : nandalinnaung is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 16th, 2009, 20:30 PM

like most of others, I prefer paypal because it supports many online stores while alertpay does not support many stores so for alertpay I can only request checks which fees are quite high.
BRL Addicted  , 94 Posts, Reputation : leowang is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, January 16th, 2009, 20:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandqq View Post
Which one, you think, is better? I already have a Paypal account which works fine. When i wanted to join some earning sites, they asked me to open Alertpay, which i was not willing to do for some...
PayPal offers users the option of adding a total of 8 email addresses to their accounts, regardless of account type. AlertPay gives Personal Starter accounts only 2 email addresses to use, but on the other hand, they offer unlimited email addresses to users with Personal Pro or Business accounts.

PayPal allows users to log into their accounts using any of the email addresses they have added. AlertPay only allows users to log into their accounts using their primary email address. In my opinion, AlertPay's setup allows for greater account security--you can give out a secondary email address and not worry that your account will be hacked by some unscrupulous site owner.

On the other hand, PayPal allows free withdrawals to a linked bank account. Withdrawals are processed instantly, and are usually deposited in the linked bank account within 3-4 business days. AlertPay takes several days to process withdrawals, and charges a fee every time you make one.

Upgraded PayPal accounts seem to be charged transaction fees that aren't charged to users with Personal accounts. AlertPay has yet to charge me a fee for any transaction--when I get a payment, I get the full amount.

In short, it's really hard for me to say that one of them is definitely better than the other. Both have some really nice features, and I'm happy with the service that I've received from each so far. The only problem that I have ever had with one of the sites was when PayPal refused to change my name on my original account after I got married. I ended up having to cancel my account and open a new one because they kept losing the documents I sent them to prove that yes, I had gotten married and legally changed my name. It was a pain in the neck, but it wasn't unforgivable, and it was pretty easily resolved once I decided to stop waiting for them to find the documents.

If you want to try out a site that pays by AlertPay only, don't hesitate to do it. It's been good for receiving payments from the *** site I belong to, and you can minimize the withdrawal fees by waiting until you have a larger balance before you request a transfer to your bank account. With so many sites switching to AlertPay-only, it'll definitely give you a chance to earn more than just having a PayPal account will!
New Foot Prints  , 5 Posts, Reputation : summoneddestiny is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 159.05, January 16th, 2009, 22:22 PM

I have PayPal since 2007. I don't really plan on registering on AlertPay. I don't also have plans on joining sites that does not pay through PayPal.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
New Foot Prints  , 24 Posts, Reputation : berrylicious is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 2.02, January 17th, 2009, 00:08 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
x 91 discussions
x 669 discussions
x 1 discussions