Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

Harmful sites

This is a discussion on Harmful sites within the Google forums, part of the Search Engine Optimization Board category; Unlike Google some times i would do a search in yahoo and search might come up with tips like 'site ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
Dozens of new World Heritage Sites named allen1109 Top Stories 1

LinkBack Thread Tools

Default Harmful sites

Unlike Google some times i would do a search in yahoo and search might come up with
tips like 'site might be harmful'.i have never seen this on google while search
, is there any way of getting tips on searches that are filtered, to tell about a site , if it might be harmful?

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 925 Posts, Reputation : userzz has a spectacular aura aboutuserzz has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, September 8th, 2008, 20:24 PM

Default Re: Harmful sites

Most of the times, those sites that Google calls 'Harmful' are scam sites, like *** Password Stealers, WareZ Sites & Pr0n-Sites.
Rarely, those sites who are called 'Harmful' by Google aren't dangerous for your computer, I mean, It won't install some Malware on your PC.

Google has this protector, but you're not able to surf to the site. You'll need to copy the link & navigate it yourself from the address bar.

Google detects this 'Harmful' sites with Robots or because someone reported the site somewhere (Might be from communication from their partner workships, like YouTube & Sun, ...).

Any other questions? Ask .
BRL Addicted  , 1,163 Posts, Reputation : sysax will become famous soon enoughsysax will become famous soon enough
BRL$: 0, September 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Hello userzz,

Well i always(almost) search with google and google states this harmful statement because it has suspected that this site contains certain items or say things which can harm your computer(may be malware or viruses). I totally disagree with the sysax statement that google uses it to describe it as a illegal website or whatever.

And i havent seen any harmful word in yahoo whenever i made a search via it.

- SmartzKool
Senior Member  , 4,287 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, September 11th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Yeah I allways use Google for that reason. Like ill clik on one site and get redirected to some bad site.
New Foot Prints  , 2 Posts, Reputation : lildude2 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 138.09, September 23rd, 2008, 14:37 PM

Google is best for less harmfull sites. I find yahoo a pain and usually gives me stuff thats dangerous, so I always use Google.
New Foot Prints  , 2 Posts, Reputation : BarraCudaaa is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 162.04, September 26th, 2008, 19:05 PM

googles chrome browser tells you if the site has malware but you shouldnt trust it since it freaks out at the smallest bit of malware even if thre has been no malware on that site for a while. Google itself tell you when there is malware
New Foot Prints  , 9 Posts, Reputation : Crimson is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 142.69, September 26th, 2008, 21:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
googles chrome browser tells you if the site has malware but you shouldnt trust it since it freaks out at the smallest bit of malware even if thre has been no malware on that site for a while. Google itself tell you when there is malware
Hello Crimsom,

We here are talking about google search engine not the browser. Well i find google browser very good but it lacks the plugins.

- SmartzKool
Senior Member  , 4,287 Posts, Reputation : SiddharthB has a spectacular aura aboutSiddharthB has a spectacular aura about
BRL$: 0, September 26th, 2008, 22:34 PM

It says that HP is harmfull hmmm.............hmmmm..........hmmm.............. ........
New Foot Prints  , 2 Posts, Reputation : nunk is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 162.03, September 27th, 2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunk View Post
It says that HP is harmfull hmmm.............hmmmm..........hmmm.............. ........
Hello nunk,

Well i did not find when i searched google that HP is harmful? How is it possible? HP is a global company and will obviously not make a site which is harmful to its customer's computer. I totally disagree with this. Can you show any proof of it?

- SmartzKool
BRL$: 0, September 27th, 2008, 05:42 AM

I was clicking on some *** the other day and I got some harmful stuff my computer failed to tell me about... I had to reinstall everything as it messed my computer up (couldn't use the internet and that lot).

Firefox, you let me down . I don't really want to use Google Chrome in case something horrific happens like the other month when Google went down (life for most internet users seemed to stop).
BRL Addicted  , 147 Posts, Reputation : kvikksolv is an unknown quantity at this point
BRL$: 0, September 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Type in the "website URL & scam", example " bux.com & scam" in google search. Read the feedback from other user will give you idea whether the site is scam or not
Senior Member  , 1,897 Posts, Reputation : lifeplayer will become famous soon enough
BRL$: 0, September 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeplayer View Post
Type in the "website URL & scam", example " bux.com & scam" in google search. Read the feedback from other user will give you idea whether the site is scam or not
hello life_player,

Nice, cool and quick trick for finding informations about a *** site, new for me and tried out, got a site scam which i was trusting. Lols. Thanks

- SmartzKool
BRL$: 0, September 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM

So far, I have seen that the web sites which have some malware or badware code are flagged as harmful web sites in Google.

Kailash
BRL Addicted  , 115 Posts, Reputation : Kailash is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, September 28th, 2008, 01:31 AM

Thumbs up Re: Harmful sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysax View Post
Most of the times, those sites that Google calls 'Harmful' are scam sites, like *** Password Stealers, WareZ Sites & Pr0n-Sites.
Rarely, those sites who are called 'Harmful' by Google aren't dangerous for your computer, I mean, It won't install some Malware on your PC.

Google has this protector, but you're not able to surf to the site. You'll need to copy the link & navigate it yourself from the address bar.

Google detects this 'Harmful' sites with Robots or because someone reported the site somewhere (Might be from communication from their partner workships, like YouTube & Sun, ...).

Any other questions? Ask .
I fully agree to bro sysax and not only that guys believe me the site which contains cracks , patch , torrent of softwares etc. are also sometime called as harmfull site by google. And it is also true that google do not show those site in the search result which are harmful and may install malware etc to your computer stealthy.

Last edited by PoniMan; October 2nd, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
BRL Addicted  , 18 Posts, Reputation : PoniMan is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, October 2nd, 2008, 11:33 AM

yah i have also seen that kind of notice from google. But never seen in yahoo.
New Foot Prints  , 1 Posts, Reputation : sandy203 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 25.02, October 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy203 View Post
yah i have also seen that kind of notice from google. But never seen in yahoo.
Yeah that is what i also said, I have never seen this in yahoo. How come userzz you have seen it?

- SmartzKool
BRL$: 0, October 2nd, 2008, 22:23 PM

I use the WOT addon for firfox, that teels me if the page is trustable or not... I also can see if it is a scam as there are lots of comments on that page left by users ^^

Also it adds a green/yellow/red circle next to the google searches we make to warn us
New Foot Prints  , 47 Posts, Reputation : jsemi11 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 211.27, October 12th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsemi11 View Post
I use the WOT addon for firfox, that teels me if the page is trustable or not... I also can see if it is a scam as there are lots of comments on that page left by users ^^

Also it adds a green/yellow/red circle next to the google searches we make to warn us
Well thanks for this information. I will install the addon just now... I think its a good way to know about the webpages.

- SmartzKool
BRL$: 0, October 12th, 2008, 19:14 PM

i think google is a better search engine than yahoo in terms of pc protection. sometimes its such a pain but generally it will really protect your pc from viruses and such.
BRL Addicted  , 527 Posts, Reputation : allen1109 will become famous soon enough
BRL$: 0, October 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsemi11 View Post

thanks for sharing buddy i know that yahoo have inbuilt Macfee virus scan for link checking and i guess Google have also added AVG link checker whenever i use Google for search i get AVG sign after each result...
BRL Addicted  , 82 Posts, Reputation : moneymoney is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, October 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM

thanks for the information....i will be alert about this ind of things...this information really helped me..
BRL Addicted  , 109 Posts, Reputation : buxlover is infamous around these partsbuxlover is infamous around these partsbuxlover is infamous around these parts
BRL$: 0, October 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM

You can use avg free edition and it checks sites that display in results from search engines and puts a green check icon next to the ones that are ok. It also places a red x next to ones with potential threats. The only real treat sites that I encounter are from warez sites and pirate software site. I guess alot of **** probably has these threats too.
New Foot Prints  , 3 Posts, Reputation : LinkStrong is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 144.22, November 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkStrong View Post
You can use avg free edition and it checks sites that display in results from search engines and puts a green check icon next to the ones that are ok. It also places a red x next to ones with potential threats. The only real treat sites that I encounter are from warez sites and pirate software site. I guess alot of **** probably has these threats too.
Well that is right, but i prefer not to install any anti virus software as it slows down the startup of PC like hell.
BRL$: 0, November 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM

You should give it a try. I haven't noticed any kind of slowdown in any aspects of my system. It isn't as bulky as most other anti virus programs out there. I have tried most others and they consume tons of resources. Also I have not had any security breaches using avg. It is very dependable.
New Foot Prints  , 3 Posts, Reputation : LinkStrong is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 144.22, November 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkStrong View Post
You should give it a try. I haven't noticed any kind of slowdown in any aspects of my system. It isn't as bulky as most other anti virus programs out there. I have tried most others and they consume tons of resources. Also I have not had any security breaches using avg. It is very dependable.
Well I have used Norton, Mcafee, Nod32, i don't wanna use any other. They all slow down the PC like hell. I prefer to format the PC rather than waiting like this.
BRL$: 0, November 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM

i also almostly use google as my daily searching engine , your kind infermation are really helpful to me. thanks .
---------crystallh
BRL Addicted  , 335 Posts, Reputation : crystallh is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, November 18th, 2008, 22:08 PM

Searching anything on net through google become a habit for me, I can't remember that there are other search-engines also. The topic which you are discussing here is not affected me in anyway.
Banned  , 314 Posts, Reputation : ss1495 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, November 18th, 2008, 23:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1495 View Post
Searching anything on net through google become a habit for me, I can't remember that there are other search-engines also. The topic which you are discussing here is not affected me in anyway.
Well that is true. I even search using Google. I don't find any other browser useful.
BRL$: 0, November 19th, 2008, 02:59 AM

i also love using google since searching in google gives best results than in yahoo...as to antivirus i prefer eset smartsecurity which generally tells you if the site is harmful or not..
BRL Addicted  , 83 Posts, Reputation : winbrought is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, November 19th, 2008, 04:45 AM

What exactly does it mean when it says its a harmful site and why would anyone want to create a harmful site.
someone mentioned viruses and the likes - Does it actualy mean that as soon as you click on the site you are in danger of a virus attack?

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 72 Posts, Reputation : mogant is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, November 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Tags
x 2 discussions
x 584 discussions