Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

How much time does the average person spend on Google?

This is a discussion on How much time does the average person spend on Google? within the Google Products forums, part of the Google category; How much time does the average user spend on Google, per month or day or whatever? This would include time ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
Top 10 Google Myths Revealed allen1109 Google 25
How the bounce rate of your website can affect your Google rankings vikramsinghwmi Google 17

LinkBack Thread Tools

Post How much time does the average person spend on Google?

How much time does the average user spend on Google, per month or day or whatever? This would include time spent searching (but not visiting the results), using its services to convert currency or translate foreign web pages, sending e-mails, etc. Are there any official statistics available? Educated guesses are okay.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 231 Posts, Reputation : wzp4561 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 25th, 2009, 22:22 PM

Default Re: How much time does the average person spend on Google?

I would be interested in finding some official statistics, Google must have a fair idea, It would depend on the person and what their occupation was, a student would use Google alot more then a handyman for example.
BRL Addicted  , 189 Posts, Reputation : sammyspam is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 26th, 2009, 00:07 AM

Considering all the services google provides I don't know if a student would use google a lot more than a handyman. Google offers services for so many needs that I don't think it's focused on an specific niche.
BRL Addicted  , 20 Posts, Reputation : daice is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 26th, 2009, 00:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzp4561 View Post
How much time does the average user spend on Google, per month or day or whatever? This would include time spent searching (but not visiting the results), using its services to convert currency or translate foreign web pages, sending e-mails, etc. Are there any official statistics available? Educated guesses are okay.
Well, the fact that google owned a lot of products, that means one can divide the time for spending for such product and of course it depends on what the person is into..

In my case, blogger is one of the products of google and since I am a blogger and I own three blogs, I normally use blogger everyday and it is like 24 hours use.. I do search everyday in google search engine as well..
BRL Addicted  , 1,628 Posts, Reputation : bhing is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 26th, 2009, 00:46 AM

May we know why you suddenly had this question about google? Anyway, I think that most students, bloggers, researchers, would definitely be using google a lot more than the average casual user.
New Foot Prints  , 16 Posts, Reputation : Nazreen is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 165.00, April 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM

If they buy twitter than this average will raise a lot.
Just imagine how many people are surfing youtube, gmail and blogger right now.
And those are just a few of the many services google offers. There's also maps, street view and many other smaller services.
I'm not sure if the average would be extremely high because, even though there are many services being used for long span of time, there are way too many users, many of those who spend just a few minutes.
BRL Addicted  , 20 Posts, Reputation : daice is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 26th, 2009, 15:42 PM

I spend the maximum amount of time using Google. And their profile search feature is also too good. And yea if twitter is purchased by Google then Google will reach the skies!
BRL Addicted  , 193 Posts, Reputation : raj_sam6 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 27th, 2009, 02:25 AM

Yup, I definitely agree on that. Twitter would be a good buy for google and if this merger really materializes, then google's dominance on the internet would increase tremendously. But unfortunately, the last article I read on this is that Twitter and Google are having a "War of Words".
New Foot Prints  , 16 Posts, Reputation : Nazreen is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 165.00, April 27th, 2009, 03:12 AM

I do think that one can spend almost all of his time using Google to search for websites, using Gmail and look for other things.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, April 27th, 2009, 03:43 AM

well it is a very complex question may be they have official data but i mainly use google everyday for mailing purpose everyday and searching though it is not everyday but few hrs in a week.i'll try to search for detailed data .
BRL Addicted  , 112 Posts, Reputation : dona is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 28th, 2009, 02:24 AM

I can use google up to 5 or 6 hours per day for searching, blogging, checking my gmail account and of course using gtalk.
BRL Addicted  , 102 Posts, Reputation : reds08 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 28th, 2009, 18:48 PM

well every single search engines like Google o Yahoo for that matter has the detailed statistics of whatsoever, its a matter of time if they want to disclose this kind of stuff to people.

unless, people demands for it, or if it can do anything good to them...
BRL Addicted  , 183 Posts, Reputation : camhiliciouz is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, April 28th, 2009, 19:10 PM

Well i searched for this on the net and i do not get a real time stats of the google tiem spent there.
I am usuallu using the search box provided with the opera.but still i spend around 20 mins daily with google.
BRL Addicted  , 146 Posts, Reputation : shadowking is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 14th, 2009, 02:11 AM

I use google quite a lot alone for searching, i guess i spend like 30 to 40 minutes on google a day.
BRL Addicted  , 25 Posts, Reputation : tomida is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 20th, 2009, 18:36 PM

When I'm doing research, I actually spend and hour or two hours on google search engines to useful informations..
BRL Addicted  , 111 Posts, Reputation : rachelbles is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 23rd, 2009, 01:43 AM

Hi,

I am spending near to an hour in Google for a day..but to find the figure about a person to spend an average time is too hard to find..but google may use their own algorithm to check this..

Thanks,

Sandeep Gandhi
BRL Addicted  , 720 Posts, Reputation : Sandeep is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 23rd, 2009, 14:40 PM

Mine is not fixed. Whenever I feel like to gain some information or knowledge I browse google and get the information. It should be around 1 and half hour.
BRL Addicted  , 1,149 Posts, Reputation : Dhaval is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 23rd, 2009, 22:39 PM

i spend at least 1 hour / day on google, including here "google earth".
google is my default browser and may start page for the internet!
good luck!
BRL Addicted  , 80 Posts, Reputation : BandiT is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 24th, 2009, 00:12 AM

Of course i like to use goole to search information and i also use yahoo. They are offer more sevice for user. I deal with e-mail by gmail and yahoo box. If I wanna see some news or materials i will use google and yahoo every day.
Banned  , 54 Posts, Reputation : millerlc is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 6th, 2009, 20:22 PM

I do not know how many times does an average person spend on google. If me, I would say 8 hours or 10 hours.
BRL Addicted  , 98 Posts, Reputation : tyler13 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, December 6th, 2009, 22:28 PM

I never think how much time I spend on Google daily, as I am using Google Chrome to browse the Internet, so it can be up to 15 hours a day. It depends on the amount of time I spend online.
For those who are using Google Chrome are definitely spending much time on Google.
I am thinking if Google purchased Facebook, then the average hours spend on Google products will be increased a lot too, as many people are addicted to Facebook applications nowadays.
BRL Addicted  , 537 Posts, Reputation : kaka135 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, February 21st, 2010, 22:04 PM

it depends on that person, the nature of his job or work. most of the time those who are online workers would be happy to search on google as well as the students.
BRL Addicted  , 145 Posts, Reputation : flagella08 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, February 22nd, 2010, 02:26 AM

I guess google is being used mostly in the whole world including their services.
BRL$: 0, February 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaval View Post
I guess google is being used mostly in the whole world including their services.
Yeah, I agree with you, as Google has really wide range of Internet applications, moreover their products and services are free to use.
Also, I forgot about YouTube. Many people are watching the YouTube videos and some bloggers use YouTube as "blogs" (vlogs) too. So, time spending on Google products is more.
BRL Addicted  , 537 Posts, Reputation : kaka135 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, February 22nd, 2010, 20:35 PM

Quote:
You are right. A few of them are Google Search, Youtube and Blogger among others.
BRL Addicted  , 994 Posts, Reputation : GekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really niceGekiDan is just really nice
BRL$: 0, February 23rd, 2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
You are right. A few of them are Google Search, Youtube and Blogger among others.
Yes, agree with you. Also recently I read that more and more people now using google mail to communicate. They have also launched Google Buzz
BRL$: 0, February 23rd, 2010, 21:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, agree with you. Also recently I read that more and more people now using google mail to communicate. They have also launched Google Buzz
Yup. Google Buzz is similar to Twitter but it has some advantages since you can chat and check your mails.
BRL$: 0, February 25th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Well, it seems like twitter but it is not good time to compare twitter and google buzz. Though both looks same at once but both network got different potentials.
BRL$: 0, February 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Well, it seems like twitter but it is not good time to compare twitter and google buzz. Though both looks same at once but both network got different potentials.
What do you mean by potentials?
I can't really understand what does that mean.
BRL$: 0, February 26th, 2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
What do you mean by potentials?
I can't really understand what does that mean.
I meant to say potential bcoz most of people misunderstand google buzz and twitter. Twitter is being used widely to obtain traffic and social bookmarking. Whereas buzz don't.
So can not compare buzz and twitter.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL$: 0, March 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM

Tags
x 6 discussions
x 689 discussions
x 1 discussions
x 29 discussions
x 13 discussions
x 207 discussions