Join Us!

• WEB Hosting By Accu

CD drive wont eject!,why ?

This is a discussion on CD drive wont eject!,why ? within the Gadgets and Gizmos forums, part of the Hardware category; hi, guys: i want to burn a CD on my dad's computer but everytime i press the button to ...

Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies
20% OFF FOR LIFE on Performance and Enterpise Servers - Sago Networks Rss_Feeds Dedicated Server Offers 0
20% OFF FOR LIFE on Performance and Enterpise Servers - Sago Networks dspkable Dedicated Server Offers 0
Sago Networks Sale- $69 P4's down from $99/month Rss_Feeds Dedicated Server Offers 0
Sago Networks -*NEW*- Bargain Xeon Servers $119/month Rss_Feeds Dedicated Server Offers 0
NEW: Bargain Xeon Servers - Sago Networks Rss_Feeds Dedicated Server Offers 0

LinkBack Thread Tools

Post CD drive wont eject!,why ?

hi, guys:
i want to burn a CD on my dad's computer but everytime i press the button to open it, its makes a click noise and it wont open. but the other one that says "DVD" opens. i tried to use that drive but it wont read the CD.

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 231 Posts, Reputation : wzp4561 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 28th, 2009, 00:42 AM

Default Re: CD drive wont eject!,why ?

Try to open it with software (can't give you a link now, not on my computer), if that don't work i think it's broken
BRL Addicted  , 1,054 Posts, Reputation : nooby4ever will become famous soon enough
BRL$: 0, June 28th, 2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzp4561 View Post
hi, guys:
i want to burn a CD on my dad's computer but everytime i press the button to open it, its makes a click noise and it wont open. but the other one that says "DVD" opens. i tried to use that drive but it wont read the CD.
I think there is really a problem with the drive.. Try to let a technician check it.. It seems that the problem is in the hardware..
BRL Addicted  , 1,628 Posts, Reputation : bhing is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 28th, 2009, 02:42 AM

Wow i must say miss you really get some weird problems!

But anyways just try this, right click on the drive you want to open and then click eject.
If that works then the problem must be with the button. Dont open your PC's cabinet before trying this. If this doesnt work then the power plug inside the PC must be the problem.
BRL Addicted  , 195 Posts, Reputation : raj_sam6 is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 28th, 2009, 06:35 AM

Hi,

Try to recabling the wire of CD-ROM and if possible then also check your CD-ROM from other system..if ir does not solve the case then you have to contact hardware technicians..

Thanks,

Sandeep Gandhi
BRL Addicted  , 725 Posts, Reputation : Sandeep is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 28th, 2009, 22:29 PM

What you can try is get a small thin hard wire and insert it into a small hole near the button. push it in and you should able to get the door open.

Take out the CD if there is one inside and close back the door. Try to open the door again but press on the button. See whether it works. Hope it helps.
BRL Addicted  , 365 Posts, Reputation : dust is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, June 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM

That is not because of any software problem many of the members have replied this thing but this is totally wrong.

This thing with me once and it happens due to dust and the other thing possibly can be problem in installation

Get Paid For Discussion - Yes, You Can Earn by Writing on this Forum Full List of BRL $ Earnings
BRL Addicted  , 177 Posts, Reputation : dxunited is on a distinguished road
BRL$: 0, July 27th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Tags
x 1 discussions
x 61 discussions
x 1 discussions
x 1 discussions